Author Topic: Playlist Update for September 23 - 29, 2023 of the Forum's Facebook Gateway  (Read 4902 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 23 - 29, 2023 OF THE FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 14 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings from the same weekly period in September of previous years:

1. Getting To Know English: “The shocking inadequacy of our written English”    

2. The Forum Lounge: “Silicon Valley AI developers are hiring literary writers and general humanities experts”

3. You Asked Me This Question Retrospective: “How a ‘lawful wedded wife’ differs from a ‘lawfully wedded wife’”

4. Use and Misuse Retrospective: “Why are legal documents not in plain and simple English”    

5. My Thoughts Exactly Retrospective: “Whatever Became of ‘Fine!’, ‘You’re Welcome!’, and ‘Dead’?” by Isabel Escoda, Forum Contributor

6. Getting to Know English: "Forming negative sentences correctly”

7. Getting to Know English Retrospective: “How to reduce adjective clauses into adjective phrases – 1”

8. Advice and Dissent Retrospective: “Choosing between a descriptivist and prescriptivist dictionary”

9. Language Humor at its Finest: “Some one-liners for good measure”

10. Time Out From English Grammar Retrospective: “A taste of vintage Mencken”

11. You Asked Me This Question: “Is it correct to use the verb 'invite' as a noun?”

12. Essays by Joe Carillo: “Is 'presently' present or future?”

13. Going Deeper Into Language: “Learning the English idioms”

14. The Forum Lounge: “New worm species found to have three—not just two—different sexes”    

« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 01:40:20 PM by Joe Carillo »