Author Topic: Playlist Update for September 9 - 15, 2023 of the Forum's Facebook Gateway  (Read 4233 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 9 - 15, 2023 OF THE FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 15 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings from the same weekly period in September of previous years:

1. The Forum Lounge: “The third updated edition of English Plain and Simple now off the press”

Read its companion feature: “The problem with our English according to Jose Carillo”

2. Use and Misuse Special Retrospective: “On the pesky subject-verb agreement question”    

3. Getting To Know English: “Puzzling usage prescriptions for ‘used to’”

4. You Asked Me This Question Retrospective: “The relative importance of main clauses and subordinate clauses”

5. Getting To Know English Retrospective: “Communicating with the right words”

6. Students’ Sounding Board: “Is the multiple use of the first-person ‘I’ necessarily a redundancy?”

7. Your Thoughts Exactly: “Some tangled tropes that annoy me” by Isabel Escoda, Forum Contributor

8. Advice and Dissent: “Human genome research casts doubt on Adam and Eve story”

9. Language Humor at its Finest: “Getting a squiggly yet very instructive hang of world history”

10. Readings in Language: “You may not have felt them yet, but these emotional states exist”    

11. Time Out From Grammar Retrospective: “The making of a best-selling writer and the nature of religious belief”

12. My Media English Watch Retrospective: “When a modifier squints, the dead could die again and again”   

13. Education and Teaching: “A lesson plan for generating and curating content for flexible learning,” shared by Antonio Calipjo Go, Forum Contributor

14. Students’ Sounding Board: “The difference between nouns preceded by the article ‘a’ and by ‘the’”

THE BICYCLE AS FOOT-PEDALED TRANSPORT            A BICYCLE DRIVEN BY A WOMAN

15. Going Deeper Into Language Retrospective: “Letter from Germany on how synonyms and pleonasms differ”

« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 02:24:34 PM by Joe Carillo »