Author Topic: Playlist Update for Feb. 24 - March 1, 2024 of the Forum's Facebook Gateway  (Read 12074 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR FEBRUARY 24 - MARCH 1, 2024 OF JOSE CARILLO ENGLISH FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 16 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings published in the Forum in previous years:

1. Essay by Joe Carillo: “When educators befuddle with their English”

2. You Asked Me This Question: “The touchy matter of capitalizing names and position titles”

3. Refresher on an Important English Grammar Basic: “The perils of using double negative constructions”

4. Students’ Sounding Board: “Which is correct and why? ‘I didn’t (see, saw) her’”

5. Forum Lounge Retrospective: “On English and Esperanto as bridging languages in multilingual countries”

6. Students’ Sounding Board: “Is the expression ‘feet of clay’ considered an idiom?”

7. Advice and Dissent: “Belief without evidence to support it is always morally wrong”

8. Getting To Know English Better: “Logic and language”

9. Language Humor at its Finest: “32 words of wisdom with a humorous touch”

10. You Asked Me This Question: “Let’s get acclimatized to the country’s weather terminology”

11. You Asked Me This Question: “Where’s the verb on this sentence?”

12. Readings in Language: “The triumph of English over Babel to become the language of science“

13. Education and Teaching Retrospective: “The rocky road to idiomatic English“

14. Your Thoughts Exactly Retrospective: “Outrage over a wasted investment in English proficiency“

15. Your Thoughts Exactly: “How light dawns on us,“ Personal Essay by Forum Member Melvin

16. You Asked Me This Question: “Is it correct to use the verb ‘invite’ as a noun?”, Personal Query by Hill Roberts in Spain

« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 11:41:46 PM by Joe Carillo »