Author Topic: Playlist Update (January 20 - 26, 2024) for the Forum Gateway on Facebook  (Read 8457 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR JANUARY 20 - 26, 2023 OF JOSE CARILLO ENGLISH FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 15 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings published in the Forum in previous years:

1. Special Forum Feature: “‘I don’t want to be your Artificial Intelligence King,’ says Sam Altman”

Sam Altman, ChatGPT chief executive officer

2. Badly Written, Badly Spoken: “Looking back to a bad English grammar syndrome”

3. Advice and Dissent: “Is ‘the algorithm’ really a powerful meta-specter haunting our hauntings?”

4. Getting to Know English: “Let’s get the ‘not me’ vs. ‘not I’ usage straight”

5. My Media English Watch: “Wrong word usage and verbosity in journalism - 1, 2, and 3

6. Students’ Sounding Board: “Cautionary tale on asserting what is good or bad English”

7. Grammar Refresher You Might Find Useful: “A quick review of the English comparatives”

8. Time Out From English Grammar: “Playing animal reflects back our human yearnings and repulsions”

[/img]

9. Language Humor at its Finest: "Gems of the fine but now vanishing art of persiflage”

10. You Asked Me This Question: “When is using a parenthetical necessary in a sentence”

11. Going Deeper Into Language: “Myriad factors influencing variations among American accents and dialects”

12. Not-For-Lawyers Only Retrospective: “Hard-hitting indictment of the law profession in the United States”

13. Your Thoughts Exactly: “Black Hole," poetry by Melany Amante Mabao Maguindanao, Forum Contributor

14. Getting to Know English Better: “How the three kinds of objects work in English grammar”

15. You Asked Me This Question: “What's the difference between ‘bring’ and ‘take’ and between ‘come’ and ‘go’?”

« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 10:13:38 PM by Joe Carillo »