Author Topic: Playlist Update for October 6 - 13, 2023 of the Forum’s Facebook Gateway  (Read 4959 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR OCTOBER 6 - 13, 2023 OF THE FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 14 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings published in the Forum in previous years:

1. Getting To Know English: “Avoiding very officious stock phrases in our English -2”    

2. You Asked Me This Question: “Slogans are meant to ambush the mind into acquiescence”

3. Use and Misuse: “How the three kinds of grammatical objects work in English”

4. Essays by Jose Carillo Retrospective: “The power of wordplay”    

5. Students’ Sounding Board: “Does ‘have to’ mean the same thing as the modal auxiliary verb ‘must’?”

6. Advice and Dissent Retrospective: “Belief without evidence to support it is always morally wrong”

7. Essays by Joe Carillo: “‘Like’ and ‘such as’ are such slippery grammar trippers”

8. You Asked Me This Question: “Inverted sentences have a subject-verb agreement peculiarity”

9. Language Humor at its Finest: “20 spot-on political quips for our times”

10. Forum Lounge Retrospective: “Oodles of reasons to love (or hate) the Philippines!”

11. You Asked Me This Question: “Is it intellectually dishonest to cite a source one has not actually read?”

IMAGE CREDIT: LIBRARY.MADONNA.EDU

12. Getting To Know English: “Noun clauses as subjects don’t obey the sequence-of-tenses rule”

13. Time Out From English Grammar: “U.S. math professor stumbles on ancient Babylonian trick to solve quadratics”

14. Getting To Know English Better: ”Is your English better than that of a competition-level high school senior?”    

« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 08:57:44 AM by Joe Carillo »