Author Topic: Playlist Update for Sept. 30 - Oct. 5, 2023 of the Forum’s Facebook Gateway  (Read 4938 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 30 - OCTOBER 5, 2023 OF THE FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 15 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings from the same weekly period in October of previous years:

1. Getting To Know English: “Avoiding very officious stock phrases in our English -1”    

2. The Forum Lounge: “Silicon Valley AI developers are hiring literary writers and general humanities experts”

3. You Asked Me This Question: “The usage of the article ‘the’ in serially enumerative sentences”

IMAGE CREDIT: YOUTUBE

4. Your Thoughts Exactly Retrospective: “A harrowing, uplifting tale of September 2009’s killer flood”    

5. Students’ Sounding Board: “Differentiating the use of ‘than’ and ‘than that of’"

6. Advice and Dissent: “A compelling alternative to Shakespeare's true identity was that he was a woman”

7. Essays by Joe Carillo: “‘Like’ and ‘such as' are such slippery grammar trippers”

8. You Asked Me This Question: “An SOS on the usage of ‘resulting i‘ vs. ‘resulting to‘”

9. Language Humor At its Finest: “Some really amazing anagrams”

10. Readings in Language Retrospective: “An exemplar in horror fiction shares his thoughts on writing”

11. You Asked Me This Question: “Is it intellectually dishonest to cite a source one has not actually read?”

IMAGE CREDIT: LIBRARY.MADONNA.EDU

12. Getting To Know English: “Noun clauses as subjects don’t obey the sequence-of-tenses rule”

13. Time Out From English Grammar Retrospective: “The monstrous folly of ‘end of the world’ prophecies—II”

14. Notable Works by Our Very Own: “It’s time for the Filipino to make himself truly globally competitive”    

15. A Forum Lounge Retrospective: “A few minutes of undiluted joy!”    

« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 01:16:35 PM by Joe Carillo »