Author Topic: It's all because of a poem.....  (Read 4000 times)

Melvin

• "I came. I learn. I share"
    • View Profile
It's all because of a poem.....
« on: July 26, 2011, 10:47:48 PM »
When I told my students that our next writing activity was to write a free verse poem, almost all of them showed no enthusiasm. Some begged me to change it, and others persuaded me to have a game instead. I just allowed them to express their opinions and voices, and then motivated them that writing a poem is one of the most beautiful experiences they can have. After a couple of minutes of motivation, I knew my students were somehow convinced except my naughty and mischievous student. He told me he wouldn't write poem not because he didn't like to but because he couldn't. I told him that I am very eager to help, but actually I didn't know else what to do just to persuade him. After half an hour, he was smiling and told me he wanted to be the first one to read a poem in front of his classmates. Although it wasn't yet the time to share, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. His poem reads this way:
                                    If you saw a deer, you drink a beer
                                    If you eat right, you think bright.
Everybody burst into laughter. I was speechless. But that experience was one of the best memories I had. That poem changed my student that day.

sunyhilton50

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: It's all because of a poem.....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:48:37 PM »
good poem i like it