Author Topic: Trust  (Read 5117 times)

hill roberts

• View Profile
    • Email
Trust
« on: July 24, 2010, 03:56:50 PM »
Trust. When people talk about trust, they don't really mean it. Trust is reserved for people who can be trusted--not branded about like some kind of product. Trust is personal. It can't be announced like some kind of personal badge. The thing is, when too much talk is about trust, I try not to trust that person. When that person says he/she is honest, believe me, that person is not. To keep talking about trust makes it sound cheap. Trust is a virtue. Something that a human being possesses. There's no need to keep reminding people who you are--or if you can be trusted or not. People can see through people. Simple. "Trust me" phrase/sentence is a syndrome wanting to be acknowledged; to be liked; to be in touch with those  who are also clamouring for the same acknowledgement. When people are emotionally insecure, they touch on the theme time and time again to re-assure themselves that it's OK.
This is my first and last time to write or even touch on this theme. It is not a personal badge to be branded about.

...and that's my point, exactly. ;)