Author Topic: Our apologies for the Forum’s momentary outage on March 27, 2013  (Read 5976 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Forum went off the web for a few hours on March 27, 2013, Philippine time, due to an oversight that caused the non-activation of the automatic renewal option for the Forum’s domain name. We made every effort to fix the problem when it materialized, so the Forum went online again at 3:30 this morning and is now operating normally. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the momentary outage.

Mwita Chacha

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Our apologies for the Forum’s momentary outage on March 27, 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 12:20:02 AM »
Sir, I think you shouldn't have waited until the last sentence to unveil the main idea of the paragraph. For the sake of clarity, the making of apology was supposed to appear smack in the first sentence, followed by sentences detailing reasons for it. Delaying it has made it appear as though the going off of the Forum was more important than apologizing to members for inconveniences given rise to.

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Our apologies for the Forum’s momentary outage on March 27, 2013
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 06:46:08 AM »
No, I didn’t wait until the last sentence to say the main idea of that posting. In fact, I made it a point to state it right away in the title: Our apologies for the Forum’s momentary outage on March 27, 2013. You really couldn’t do it earlier than that. In short notices of this kind, don’t think of paragraph development the way it’s formally taught. The title is integral to the message, and the body of the notice would just be wasting the reader’s time if it were to repeat in the first sentence what the title has already stated very clearly. In short, we shouldn’t expect notices of this type to have all the bells and whistles of an essay or some other exposition.