Author Topic: Playlist Update (January 27-February 2, 2024) for the Forum Gateway on Facebook  (Read 7995 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR JANUARY 27 - FEBRUARY 2, 2024 OF JOSE CARILLO ENGLISH FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 14 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings published in the Forum in previous years:

1. Essays by Joe Carillo: “Retrospective on political propaganda”

2. Badly Written, Badly Spoken: “The proper possessive adjective for the pronoun 'everybody'”

3. You Asked Me This Question: “How much paraphrasing can a writer do to direct quotes?”

4. Getting to Know English Better: “It’s a mark of civility to use ‘can’ and ‘may’ properly”

5. Essay by Jose Carillo Retrospective: “The real score about Valentine’s Day”

6. Forum Lounge Retrospective: “Valentine’s Day quiz for incurable English-speaking romantics”

7. Your Thoughts Exactly: “Not Only in My Dream!" by Angel Casillan, Forum Contributor

8. Time Out From English Grammar: Stripping away the encrusted myth around Cleopatra’s life”

9. Language Humor at its Finest: “A treasury of funny quotes and outrageous sayings”

10. Advice and Dissent Retrospective: “The prophet of Gaia feels the climate change issue is 'as severe as war'”

11. Students’ Sounding Board: “Which is correct and why? 'I didn’t (see, saw) her'.”

12. Readings in Language Retrospective: “The best languages to speak if you want to influence the world"

Many books are translated into and out of languages such as English, German, and Russian,
but Arabic has fewer translations relative to its many speakers.
(Arrows between circles
represent translations; the size of a language’s circleis proportional to the number of people who speak it.)   

13. Time Out From English Grammar: “The psychometric test that promised to be an 'X-ray to the soul'”

14. Forum Lounge Retrospective: “The grand embodiment of all that’s grand and fraudulent in American mass culture"

« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:15:57 AM by Joe Carillo »