Author Topic: Self-explaining letter  (Read 9178 times)

stabilo

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Self-explaining letter
« on: May 11, 2011, 08:09:20 PM »
Dear Mr. Joe,

Is it proper to use the word "self-explaining" when you are referring to an attached letter? e.g. "Please find attached self-explaining letter for your information and action." While in other letter, It is written like this.."Please find attached letter for your information, which is self-explanatory. Or is there any appropriate way to tell this?

Thanks and best regards.

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Self-explaining letter
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 09:21:15 PM »
It’s grammatically correct to use the word “self-explaining” in the sentence “Please find attached [a] self-explaining letter for your information and action.” After all, that word is synonymous with “self-explanatory.” “Self-explanatory” is more idiomatic, though, so I’d prefer using it in such sentences. In the second sentence you provided, I find the use of “self-explanatory” most appropriate: “Please find attached letter for your information, which is self-explanatory.” Simply for euphony’s sake, I would greatly hesitate to use “self-explaining” in such sentence constructions. Also, in my experience, people in professional circles simply won’t use “self-explaining” in such sentences; they’d use “self-explanatory” anytime.

Zazsy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://custom-essay-writing-service.org/index.php
    • Email
Re: Self-explaining letter
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 02:32:14 AM »
Thanks for the good post!)
I generally call essay writing service privacy, because mostly I am unquestionably embarrassed in framing of new serves.