Author Topic: Public-bar Signage  (Read 5494 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Public-bar Signage
« on: May 09, 2009, 12:02:20 AM »

Like the photo of a bad-English-riddled beach poster featured here last time, this photo of a public-bar signage was sent by Joselito B. sometime ago to Rocky Avila, a reader of my Manila Times English-usage column. Recall that I mentioned that Joselito sent him this and a bunch of other bad-English photos with the following note:

“They say that the Philippines is the third largest English-speaking country in the world and there are two different kinds of English speaking Pinoys: The Good Englishizer and the Bad Englishizer. Oooooppppsss! Is that a wrong mistake? Sorry. Enjoy reading just the same. Have a good day.”

What do you think we can do with this state of affairs?

To share your thoughts, click the Reply button and post them to the Forum.

jtriggs

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Public-bar Signage
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
Words fail me at a time like this.  It is so funny.  My hats off to the Manager.  You can't argue with his reason!

patrickmoore

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Public-bar Signage
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
There are actually lots of signage's, banners and other print materials are wrongly design and with improper wording.. This is what the country mostly been intrigued of. If they could only try ideas from http://www.digiteksf.com/poster-prints, they could know more important details of promotional campaign guidelines.