Author Topic: Playlist Update (April 13 - 19, 2024) of Jose Carillo Forum's Facebook Gateway  (Read 536 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR APRIL 13 - 19, 2024 OF JOSE CARILLO ENGLISH FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 15 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings published in the Forum in previous years:

1. Essay by Jose Carillo: “The world in 854 words: My nth retrospective since the early 2000s”

2. Getting to Know English Better: “A quick review of the English comparatives”

3. Use and Misuse “It’s foolhardy to stop learning English grammar just like that!”

4. Getting to Know English Retrospective: “Hyphenating compound modifiers for clarity”

5. You Asked Me This Question: “Precisely when do we use the past progressive tense?”

6. My Media English Watch Retrospective: “How 'right of reply' differs from “right to reply'”

7. Students’ Sounding Board: “When is sentence inversion a matter of grammar or style?”

8. Your Thoughts Exactly: “Bridges,” a retrospective essay by Antonio Calipjo Go, Forum Member and Contributor

9. Language Humor At Its Finest: “30 funny English signs from all over the world"

10. Advice and Dissent: “Our personal destiny may already be hard-wired into our brain”

11. Readings in Language: “Travails with learning just a smattering of Latin”

12. Time Out From English Grammar: “Challenging the dogma that our IQ sets a limit on what we can achieve”

13. The Forum Lounge: “Phenomenal rock star Freddie Mercury sings 'Barcelona' for the ages”

14. Time Out From English Grammar: “Did Mona Lisa have high cholesterol, and is Newton’s apple story authentic?”

15. Use and Misuse Retrospective: “It’s obtuse, even distasteful, to say that seeing a doctor is ‘pleasurable!’”

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 10:38:44 AM by Joe Carillo »