Author Topic: Hey I am Cha-yi!  (Read 5591 times)

iyahc13

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Random Blog
Hey I am Cha-yi!
« on: December 08, 2009, 07:46:30 PM »
Hello! I am Cha-yi! I am a 14 year old girl who dreams of being a journalist in the future. I really enjoy writing. I also enjoy web design but here, I'll stick to writing. My english speaking or writing may not be very good but I am willing to improve it. I am an Opinion Editor in our School Paper. My favorite subject would be Speech. I don't know what language I am very good at, english or tagalog, but I really want to improve my english so that I may be a good journalist. Whenever I am not infront of the computer, I would go to places and look for signs that have wrong grammar. Before I would go get my camera to take a picture, I would ask my dad if it really is wrong grammar. Sometimes I look for signs to get a giggle out of it. Whenever I am infront of the computer, I would read articles about anything that comes to my mind. I have a blog but I don't really know what to post in there. I also design web layouts and such when I am infront of the computer. My friends say I am outspoken. They say that I should speak my mind through writing to practice my coherence in writing. My dad told me about this site. I might get a thing or two about English here. I am willing to take chances just to pursue my dream of being a journalist. Maybe I'll even post something in my blog already.

When did I start writing?
When I was like 7 years old.

I guess I started to use English because of my dad.

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hey I am Cha-yi!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 08:50:23 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Cha-yi! I guess I've just beaten you to the draw. I've just posted the picture you sent me by e-mail earlier tonight. You'll find it at the "Badly Written, Badly Spoken" section of the Forum, where I'm inviting Forum members to comment on it. You can check it out now simply by clicking this link. It's a great flawed grammar find, I think, and it's a terrific way to get started as a member of this Forum! Congratulations!

I hope to see you and hear from you often in the Forum. Cheers!

madgirl09

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 11:28:05 PM »
I think, they are confused about the meaning of the word "economy". There should be two sentences too. It could be another "Filipino English" thing again, when people "take" these strange "Filipino English" terms as real English. "We" often mention the word "economy" when our economic status is in turmoil, but never use the word when it is stable.

We can improve that slogan by saying: Fight for our economy! Shop to save jobs!

Sometimes, we become tolerant of the many mistakes posted on public walls and establishments especially when correcting it means dumping the 1 millon worth of printed advertisement  :'( :'( :'(

madgirl09

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 11:31:48 PM »
the ypos..typos....correcting them means...dumping 1 million... ;D