Author Topic: Hello, I am Jef Menguin  (Read 4544 times)

jefmenguin

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hello, I am Jef Menguin
« on: December 07, 2009, 08:38:16 AM »
Mabuhay!

I enjoyed reading the entries in this forum. Grammar (English or Filipino) is my weakness. I will not be surprised if you will find many flaws in my writing. Writing here does not make me confident I because I know someone may now focus on my weakness. And who will be comfortable in that situation. But I am here to learn. Eventually, I know I can share my ideas too as I learn from everyone.

I write and speak to inspire people. And people are grateful because I do. However, I do not give enough time to polish my writing for usage and style. I write, then press the submit button.

I learned about this forum when I opened my spam box today. But this is no spam. I need Carillo's expertise. Thank you Jose Carillo.

Jef Menguin
Motivated Speaker
http://jefmenguin.com

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hello, I am Jef Menguin
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 09:24:07 AM »
Thanks for the compliment and welcome to the Forum, Jef! I'm glad to know that you liked what you've read so far in the Forum.

No, your English doesn't look bad at all, and even if it were, I and the rest of the Forum members normally won't be so quick to criticize or condemn its flaws. We try to be as constructive as possible with one another. What Forum members are on the lookout for are usually grammar and usage errors by mass media practitioners who strut around in print or on TV thinking that they couldn't commit any errors at all. As to people who'd really like to improve their English, I can assure you that the Forum members are on the whole very supportive.

We look forward to hearing from you often in the Forum. Cheers!