Author Topic: Five lay bare their thoughts on language, suffrage, carnage by gunfire  (Read 4974 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Beginning this week’s edition of the Forum, we are relaunching the “Pour Your Mind in English” section under a new name, “My Thoughts Exactly.” This is to better capture the spirit and intent of the section, which is to promote and encourage the felicitous use of English in expressing ideas, thoughts, and feelings. As in the past, this section welcomes well-thought-out compositions in English, particularly original essays, articles, short stories, and verses written by the Forum member himself or herself.

Five contributors—four of them Forum members and the fifth a regular observer of its goings-on—have contributed to this maiden edition of “My Thoughts Exactly.” They are (in the order of appearance of the articles they submitted): Fred Natividad of Livonia, Michigan, in the United States, “Medjugorie, Here They Come”; Arvin Antonio V. Ortiz of Davao City in the Philippines, “149 Minutes”; Raul S. Gonzalez of Mandaluyong City in the Philippines, “A Day in May”; Isabel Escoda of Hong Kong, “Some Tangled Tropes that Annoy Me”; and Hill Roberts of Marbella, Spain, “A Philippic Against the Social Obsession with Guns.”

Here are their thoughts, exactly:

Click to read Fred Natividad’s “Medjugorie, Here They Come” now!

Click to read Arvin Antonio V. Ortiz’s “149 Minutes” now!

Click to read Raul S. Gonzalez’s “A Day in May” now!

Click to read Isabel Escoda’s “Some Tangled Tropes that Annoy Me” now!

Click to read Hill Roberts’s “A Philippic Against the Social Obsession with Guns” now!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:31:47 PM by Joe Carillo »