Author Topic: Encore! Celebrating Christmas with an element of surprise  (Read 3448 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Encore! Celebrating Christmas with an element of surprise
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:06:30 AM »
Once more, in the spirit of the Holiday Season that’s now once again upon us, I am featuring last year’s YouTube video of a performance of Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus” by a choir disguised as shoppers in a food court mall in Welland, Ontario. How delightful it would be to get surprises like this in our own communities! After all, as I said in my posting of this feature in December last year, we have a well-deserved reputation as a singing people and our country is supposed to celebrate the longest Christmas season in the world.

If your computer has a good speaker, click the link below now to enjoy that surprise performance on YouTube!   

A choir of shoppers sings the “Hallelujah Chorus”

I came across the link to that video in “Faith Matters: The Kingdom of God in A Food Court,” a very interesting article by Walter Russell Mead in the December 5, 2010 issue of AmericanInterest.com. I highly recommend it for your reading.

Merry Christmas!

Read Walter Russell Mead’s “Faith Matters” in AmericanInterest.com now! THIS POST IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 01:04:15 PM by Joe Carillo »