Author Topic: Energy Suspension Sucks  (Read 1389 times)

master11

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.worldhyundaielantra.com
    • Email
Energy Suspension Sucks
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:03:12 PM »
I ordered two ES kits for my 21 two weeks ago from energysuspensionparts.com (AKA Del Sol Tuning of Stephenville, TX.) for my sway bar and compression rods. The company was listed on ES's official web site as an online retailer and their prices were pretty good.

When the parts came in, the C-rods were fine, but in the box for the sway bar (which was of the right size and marked with the proper part no.), was yet another set of c-rod bushings... and nothing else. WTF?

Dreading the coming ordeal, I e-mailed the retailer's customer service. As per internet standards, it took a full week of daily correspondence before they came up with a solution...  "It's not our problem, call Energy Suspension."

So I did. Which led to a long drawn-out phone call while the salesman complained about how the retailer is always trying to screw them and how he really shouldn't be helping me. Then he asks for the part number on the bushing packed in the box, which I relate as 7100. "No such thing", he says, "It must be a Prothane part that the retailer switched.", but they'll hook me up with a free sway kit anyway, because they're cool like that.

Now, I know an ES bush when I see one and I know these aren't Prothane, so a quick search on the net reveals this. Sorry Jack, whether you like it or not, this screw-up came from the factory. But the new parts are on their way and I've just scored a free set of spare strut bushings, so who am I to complain... Right?

Wrong! Apparently Energy Suspension can't even pack a warranty order correctly. After another week of waiting, my package arrived today in a bulk media mailer (no pretty ES retail box for this disgruntled customer). Inside I found a plastic bag containing bushings for the bar and enough to outfit one end link. No endlink bolts included.

WTF again? Maybe I saw the pics wrong? So back to the web I went, searching through all kinds of posts about ES/Pathfinder installs and every picture looks the same. These are not the right parts.

So I check the part numbers. 7.5115R. That's right isn't it?
Check the previous invoice.. 7.5117R. Ah, missed it by one digit. Now I'm stuck with a set of sway bushings for a 91 Sentra. I'm about 7 hours and a heated phone call away from telling Energy Suspension to kiss my ass, I'm going to the BBB