Author Topic: From a clause  (Read 1502 times)

Miss Mae

• View Profile
    • Email
From a clause
« on: June 03, 2012, 02:55:57 PM »
Did I get it right that only engineering applicants are required to write to the Graduate Studies Director?

...a letter of request by the applicant for financial assistance addressed to: The OAS Director, Thru: The Vice-Dean (except for the College of Engineering Grantees letter is addressed to: The OAS Director, Thru: The Graduate Studies Director)

Also, my cousin wants to be an English teacher. Will the following sentences help her to become one? (the notes inside the parentheses are mine)

1. Language, as well as the faculty of speech, was the immediate gift of God. -Noah Webster (But a verb should always be in the present tense if it always holds true, right?)

2. English is regarded chiefly as a skill, as a tool-subject, and as a discipline. (Tool-subject? But both appear to be nouns to serve as a hyphenated modifier...)

3. The pages are meant to be detached and passed as a seatwork or quiz. (I just think it should have been 'removed.')

4. New words may be formed by compounding, blending, acronyming, abbreviating, reduplicating, and affixing. (Acronyming?)