Author Topic: My 33rd Christmas  (Read 11625 times)

Miss Mae

• View Profile
    • Email
My 33rd Christmas
« on: December 24, 2018, 09:07:33 AM »
Seven years ago, it occurred to me that I would die sometime this year.

It just seemed logical. My first brain operation happened last March 7, 1998. It was brought about by arteriovenous malformation (AVM) that affected my hearing, facial symmetry, and balance and coordination. I just happened to have a supportive mother who let me continue my studies despite being only able to walk.

My second brain operation happened last July 31, 2008.  I was working for two media outfits in the United Arab Emirates then when what had happened before recurred. It compromised my ability to walk alone completely and everything else that I've been rebuilding.

How could I not suffer from another brain operation after another 10 years?

But 2018 is already drawing to a close and nothing has happened. I still cannot walk. I still cannot hear in my right ear. I still have a disfigured physical appearance and I still am unable to write in either hand.

I still can key in keys in a keyboard, however (from only seven words per minute, I can now type 20). I also still can think. So even though there are still seven days before the year ends, I can now say that my chance to live again after two brain operations has, indeed, been a Christmas gift.

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My 33rd Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 02:01:56 PM »
Miss Mae, I'm happy to hear from you and I wish you all the best this Christmas Season! And may Divine Providence gift you at least 7 x 7 x 365 days more of your lease on life on this planet with less or none at all of the tribulations you've borne all these years. You have been a driving force to this Forum since you joined as a member in June of 2010, and I am most grateful to you for helping immeasurably in giving life and dynamism to it.

Miss Mae

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »
Whew, it didn't occur to me that I had been a member of the Forum since June 2010! Thank you very much for appreciating me, Sir!

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 02:03:03 PM »
You're welcome and always will be, Miss Mae!