Author Topic: One of the worst enemies  (Read 8345 times)

enggier

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • electronic procedures
    • Email
One of the worst enemies
« on: January 25, 2012, 03:54:01 AM »
One of the worst enemies of good journalism—and of all good writing for that matter—is gobbledygook, which is defined as wordy and generally unintelligible jargon. It’s the kind of long, pompous, vague, and convoluted English that usually finds haven in academic and technical journals, accepted and often understood without question by readers who are mostly of the same language mindset as that of its purveyors. No harm is done, of course, when gobbledygook stays within that rarefied language environment. But every now and then, through the efforts of language-deaf publicity agents and the acquiescence of some mass media editors, it gets into the pages of mass-circulation newspapers and magazines to confound and confuse lay readers.

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: One of the worst enemies
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
Hey, enggier, you must be either a bot or an unscrupulous copycat. Your post above is a verbatim copy of the first paragraph of my Forum posting on gobbledygook last September 4, 2011 entitled "When media falls for or becomes acquiescent to PR gobbledygook." While I appreciate this opportunity to bring up that posting again for the appreciation of Forum members, I don't relish the idea of this form of intellectual piracy being foisted on the Forum's discussion boards. I ask you to desist from doing this; otherwise, you'll give the Forum moderators no choice but to ban you from posting material in the Forum ever again.   

Jacobe

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.adovio.com/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:49:29 PM »
This is a great post and i find this post very interesting.

scarlettwardlaw

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
Well said i am agree with your views. some times it happens to all.
Finally, you get best skin care tips plus Easy solution for glowing beauty skin care idea in one website. Visit Skin-Care.Org for best tips and Idea.

pipesdaddy

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Water Pipes for Sale
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »
Communication is the main purpose of the language. If that purpose is not served, then it is missing the goal. This is true that some of the times  people become confused by the use of convoluted jargon. But if people can't understand that, then it should not be used.

krasen

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Fitness and Health Center
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 12:15:05 AM »
Hey, enggier, you must be either a bot or an unscrupulous copycat. Your post above is a verbatim copy of the first paragraph of my Forum posting on gobbledygook last September 4, 2011 entitled "When media falls for or becomes acquiescent to PR gobbledygook." While I appreciate this opportunity to bring up that posting again for the appreciation of Forum members, I don't relish the idea of this form of intellectual piracy being foisted on the Forum's discussion boards. I ask you to desist from doing this; otherwise, you'll give the Forum moderators no choice but to ban you from posting material in the Forum ever again.   

I think this is a bot :)

skyaspx

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 06:44:37 PM »
Interesting but not fully complete analyses of topic please you should improve your site information by reading different source of knowledge.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:26:40 PM by Joe Carillo »