Author Topic: Playlist Update (January 13 - 19, 2024) for the Forum Gateway on Facebook  (Read 7924 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR JANUARY 13 - 19, 2023 OF JOSE CARILLO ENGLISH FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 14 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings published in the Forum in previous years:

1. Getting To Know English Better: “How the conjunctions ‘even though’ and ‘even if’ differ”

2. Essay by Jose Carillo: “A retrospective on logic and language”

3. Education and Teaching: “Taylor Swift Studies surging in leading universities in North America akin to 1990s Madonna-ology”

4. Use and Misuse: “How the perfect participle and the present participle differ”

5. You Asked Me This Question: “What does the expression ‘if anything’ mean?”

6. Getting To Know English Better: “Not all our assertions can be established truths”

7. Readings in Language: “Anne Helen Petersen’s theory of the modern exclamation point”

8. Time Out From English Grammar: “Earth’s wobble affects climate, navigation, timekeeping—even our pop music”

9. You Asked Me This Question: The difference between “bring” or “take” and “come” or “go”?

10. Language Humor at its Finest: “Cracking the human resource code and other workplace mantras”

11. “How society favors the beautiful in practically all aspects of life”

12. My Media English Watch: “Three exceptionally instructive cases of bad English in the mass media”

13. Students’ Sounding Board: “Confusion over the use of ‘due to’ and ‘owing to’”

14. Use and Misuse: “Why do so many jobseekers write applications in strange, convoluted, stilted English?”

15. The Forum Lounge: “Getting to know the world’s 6 most aesthetically-challenged species”

« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 09:40:05 PM by Joe Carillo »