Author Topic: Playlist Update for September 2 - 8, 2023 of the Forum's Facebook Gateway  (Read 4181 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR SEPTEMBER 2-8, 2023 OF THE FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 15 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings from the same weekly period in September of previous years:

1. Getting To Know English Better: “The problem with ‘Hello!’ and ‘Whatever!’”

2. Essays by Jose Carillo: “Caution in times of reasonable doubt”

3. You Asked Me This Question: “Phrases desirable and abstruse”

4. Getting to Know English Retrospective: “The subject-verb agreement conundrum flares up again–2”

5. Time Out From English Grammar: “U.S. math professor stumbles on ancient Babylonian trick to solve quadratics”

6. Getting to Know English Retrospective: “Must an object always agree with its possessive pronoun?”

7. Time Out From English Grammar Retrospective: “The gifted, highly prolific British sci-fi writer who pursued sex obsessively”

8. Getting to Know English Better: “Reining in those footloose modifiers”    

9. Language Humor at its Finest: “24 boggling imponderables to think through”

10. My Media English Watch Retrospective: “Bedlam when the verb shows up far too late in a long sentence”

11. You Asked Me This Question: “Is the ‘zero-complement verb’ a  bare infinitive or an intransitive verb?”    

12. Students’ Sounding Board: “Confusion over the use of ‘due to’ and ‘owing to’”   

13. Your Thoughts Exactly: “One final autumn: A Retrospective” by Fred Natividad, Forum Contributor

14. Readings in Language Retrospective: Guy Deutscher’s “Does your language shape how you think?”

15. A Forum Lounge Retrospective: Andy Rooney’s “33 golden nuggets of inspiration,” an inspirational collection shared by Justine A., Forum Contributor

« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 11:21:14 PM by Joe Carillo »