Author Topic: Playlist Update for August 19 - 25, 2023 of the Forum's Facebook Gateway  (Read 4278 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Simply click the web links to the 14 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings from the same weekly period in August of previous years:

1. Getting To Know English Better: “The curse of overloaded sentences”

2. You Asked Me This Question: “How different prepositions change the sense of verb phrases”

3. Getting to Know English: “Playing it by ear when to use a gerund or infinitive”

4. Use and Misuse: “Determining precisely  what ‘determiners’ are”

5. You Asked Me This Question: “When can history be narrated in the present tense?”

6. Use and Misuse: “In English, it’s the helping verb that takes the tense”

7. Getting to Know English: “Some baffling aspects of inverted sentences”

8. Advice and Dissent Retrospective: “Getting our Philippine history right after 500 years" – Part 20    

Chroniclers of the evolving identity of Mazaua as the First Mass Site

9. Language Humor at its Finest: “Five dozen amusing job descriptions"

10. Advice and Dissent: “The open secret of the smartest kids in the whole world today"

11. A Forum Lounge Retrospective: "Phenomenal rock star Freddie Mercury sings 'Barcelona' for the ages"    

12. You Asked Me This Question: “Should the law and lawyers casually say 'plea of guilty' and 'plea of innocent'?”    

13. Getting To Know English: "Maintaining parallelism of long serial grammar elements"

14. Essays by Jose Carillo Retrospective: "Writing to get that job (even in the pandemic era!)"

« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 10:02:52 AM by Joe Carillo »