Author Topic: Playlist Update (July 28 - August 4, 2023) for the Forum's Facebook Gateway  (Read 4207 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATES, JULY 28 - AUGUST 4, 2023 OF THE FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 15 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings from the same weekly period in July of previous years:

1. Getting To Know English Better: “Rx for strays, danglers, and squinters”

2. Essays by Jose Carillo: “Let’s come to grips with the proper use of 'however' once and for all“

3. You Asked Me This Question “Do you agree that 'Yes' cannot be considered as a sentence?”

4. You Asked Me This Question: “Are the phrases 'quick perusal' and 'careful perusal' redundant expressions?”

5. My Media English Watch: “The adjective 'naked' gets misplaced in an online news headline“

6. Getting to Know English: “Saying our tag questions right”

7. Essays by Joe Carillo: “One-Word, Two-Word Mix-ups”

8. Advice and Dissent Retrospective: “Getting our Philippine history right after 500 years – Part 19”   

9. Language Humor at its Finest: “18 genuine entries taken from the medical records”

10. Students’ Sounding Board Retrospective: “What happens when people don’t know enough to know they don’t know”   

11. Your Thoughts Exactly: “My two love stories” by Fred Natividad   

12. Readings in Language: “Michel Montaigne as an influential contemporary writer for all times”

13. Time Out From English Grammar: “Four provocative readings to rekindle our imagination”

14. Language Humor at its Finest: "Discover your personal guilelessness index by answering 250 questions”

15. Forum Lounge Retrospective: "Lost in the English translation”

Click this link to earlier Playdate features!

Visit the Jose Carillo Forum Homepage!

« Last Edit: August 08, 2023, 04:27:59 AM by Joe Carillo »