Author Topic: Playlist Update (July 8 - 14, 2023) for the Forum's Facebook Gateway  (Read 4234 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATES, JULY 8 - 14, 2023 OF THE FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 15 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings from the same weekly period in July of previous years:

1. Getting To Know English Better: “The long and short of English sentences”

2. My Media English Watch Retrospective: “The craft of writing headlines and titles – 1”

3. Revisiting the Hazards of Modifier Misuse: “When ‘only’ goes haywire”

4. Very Interesting Reading You Might Have Missed: “Finding the diamond in a slush pile of unpublishable books”

5. English Grammar and Usage Problematics: “The difference between ‘seeing’ and ‘watching’ a movie”

6. Time Out From Grammar Retrospective: “Scientist says 150 is the most number of friends one can comfortably have”

7. Going Deeper Into English Retrospective: “33 Modern English and American personal essays”   

8. You Asked Me This Question Retrospective: “Which of these one dozen ESL sentences are grammatically correct?”   

9. Language Humor at its Finest: “19 fun quotable quotes to brighten up your day”

10. Getting to Know English: “Handling pronouns with unclear antecedents”

11. Students’ Sounding Board Retrospective: “Which is correct and why? “I didn’t (see, saw) her”

12. Essays by Jose Carillo Retrospective: “When even the passive voice isn’t enough”

13.You Asked Me This Question Retrospective: “How ‘on the contrary’ and ‘to the contrary’ differ”

14. Time Out From English Grammar: “The immense power of the right habits to transform one’s life”

15. Getting to Know English Better Retrospective: “Can a modifier dangle legitimately under some circumstances?” - 1

Click this link to earlier Playdate features!

Visit the Jose Carillo Forum Homepage!

« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 09:25:47 PM by Joe Carillo »