Author Topic: Help!  (Read 3768 times)

shiv7

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Help!
« on: March 23, 2011, 05:45:08 AM »
IELTS is an english exam is it really needed for you to work or study in US, Canada, UK, Australia, and etc. Or is their any other way? I am planning to learn English online then take IELTS exam if it is realy needed by those countries.

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 08:07:20 AM »
The IELTS, which is the acronym for the International English Language Testing System, is an English-language proficiency test primarily designed for people seeking education, immigration, and professional accreditation in the British Commonwealth countries, like the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. The IELTS is also the English test of choice in India and other former British colonies. The tests primarily use British English and are largely designed for those who write and speak in British English or have been educated with British English as language of instruction. This testing system is jointly managed by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia, and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations (Cambridge ESOL).

For those seeking education, immigration, and professional accreditation in the United States, the English-proficiency tests most commonly administered are the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC), and General Tests of English Language Proficiency (G-TELP). The TOEFL, TOEIC, and G-TELP tests are largely used in China, Korea, Japan, and the Philippines. These tests use American English and are designed for those who write and speak in American English or have been educated with American English as language of instruction. The TOEFL and TOEIC tests were developed and are administered by the U.S.-based Educational Testing Services (ETS), and the G-TELP tests by the U.S.-based International Testing Services Center (ITSC).

The choice of English-proficiency test to take and study for will depend on the specific requirement of the prospective country, government, school, or employer. It is best to check this beforehand so you can prepare for the correct test required in your particular case.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 11:37:07 AM by Joe Carillo »

moddy1

• Initiate
    • ICQ Messenger - 1233
    • View Profile
    • http://lasersciatica.com/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 01:09:22 PM »

Hi, I am new to this web forum. I am looking for some good ideas and trends on this forum..

keep updates.

laptop stand

• Initiate
    • ICQ Messenger - 1233
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cranelaptopstand.com/
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 10:18:55 AM »

Hello everyone as i am also a  new member of this forum .good suggestion from you :)