Author Topic: Religion: Filipino Style  (Read 4829 times)

hill roberts

• View Profile
    • Email
Religion: Filipino Style
« on: February 01, 2011, 06:06:59 PM »
Part 1
Today, I came across a photograph of this new president, standing between  two men also  in Barong Tagalog, praying, with eyes closed and arms raised. President Noynoy Aquino is a remarkable man in many ways: in seven months' time, his biggest achievement--so far--was buying two very expensive cars. Porsche and Lexus are luxury cars that even middle class Europeans would think twice about buying. Not this new prez. He bought it using his Bosses' money--("Kayo ang mga Boss ko" his slogan in the last elections) without consultation. It was a spur of the moment thing, I'd imagine. When news of the porsche came to light, his advisers and fans denied it vehemently. Bit by bit, stories emerged that it was second hand; then third hand; then .....ah, well, you know what I'm getting at. A week later, horror of horrors, President Aquino went on another shopping spree. This time, he bought himself an armoured vehicle called Lexus. Lexus cars are common in Marbella, my hometown. But then again, my town is filthy rich where there is zero poverty; where there is no slum; where there is no...need I go on? OK. Fine. He got his wish and this second luxury car, Lexus is now in his hands. His Bosses paid for it of course, but without consulting them!  :o ::) ;D Again, his advisers and fans denied it. When truth came out, he did, in fact, buy himself a Lexus. Imagine, two luxury cars in a span of twelve working days, in seven months in office. Wow. Of course his Bosses are angry and asking the same boring question: Why, Mr President, why? :P :P

hill roberts

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Religion: Filipino Style
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 11:03:50 PM »
Part 2

Why, indeed, Mr President? So, this is your way of saying to your Bosses, "You may be my Bosses, but I can take what I want, buy what I want, decide what to do with your money, Bosses!" :D :D Wow, if not for the seriousness of his childish and unthinking behaviour, I'd have said, "Good luck to you, Sir." But no. His behaviour, after buying two very expensive luxury cars, leaves me cold and angry. His decision to buy two sports cars is short of juvenile and delinquent. More like an act of moral vandalism and criminal activity. This is the man who conned all Filipinos into believing that he was prepared to change the lives of ordinary Filipinos; that corruption will be dealt with; that he'd choose only worthy people for government positions; that he'd  uplift the hearts and minds, not to mention, the pockets of everyday Filipino. Indeed, he may not have lifted their hearts and minds and pockets at the moment of this writing, but he has indeed uplifted his shoplifting, all in the name of easy pocketmoney and childish whim. ??? ::) This is the man who thinks he was the base of the French Tefal--you know, that non-stick pan found in many homes worldwide? :P Alas, that Tefal brand has a good reputation and the French are proud to stick their names on it. However, with this new bachelor president, who presides over nothing on a daily basis, whose main activities include shooting stars, enemies, birds of a different kind and appearance), zooms his way past the capital's filthy waterways where grinding poverty  is witnessed by the polluted skies above this man. >:(. While he accelerates and enjoys the sunshine and breeze, he thinks of nothing but the sound of the quiet engine. He drives the world class motorways, imagining them to be his original projects, not giving credit to previous leaders who had worked harder than his imagined kind of work ethic. :-[ ::)

hill roberts

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:31:33 PM »
Part 3

So, where does religion fit in? Why did I give such a title when the first two parts are about this new president and his juvenile delinqency? He and his family have this habit--bad habit--of using religion to get people to side with them, knowing that Filipinos are shamelessly religious. Anything that weeps, (even a weeping willow would be subjected to comparisons between the Aquinos and this tree), anything with tears flowing down their eyes, anything that speaks as loud as yellow, anything that pertains to their God, 8) ??? anybody holding a rosary,  become easier picks for them and their kind. Using religion is indeed a sure way to do more shoplifting and stealing. His two luxury cars are indeed a steal--in the real sense of the word. This new prez, ::) whose service to the people is subject to his whim and whine, wine and dine, drive and connive, pray and stray, cry and sly, pay-as-you-go friendship is changing the face of religion. With this credo in mind, the president, his advisers,  his minions, his fans have no recourse now but to continue with their collective immature and irresponsible behaviour. After all, they also practically own the media--print and broadcast, not to mention their armies of pro-bloggers littering facebook and other sites. ;D :D

hill roberts

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 05:19:43 AM »
Part 4

This new president can't take the rough with the smooth. He has shown nothing but contempt to his "Bosses", yet his behaviour leaves much to be desired. Here is this man whose promises were taken hook, line and sinker by the majority of Filipinos, thinking he'd make good his promises. :D For his own good,he must now look deeper into his questionable  way of running the country. He doesn't have a clue what to do with his day. How exasperating to see such a leader whose claim to fame now is his constant moaning. It makes one wonder what he really thinks of being a president, or a leader, after all that was happening since he took office. But did he really win the May 2010 Elections? Despite state-of-the-art technology, unanswered questions remain. Did the Comelec manipulate the system to let him in? To this day, they have not answered anything thrown at them. The new Comelec Chairman, Sixto Brilliantes, is a family friend. Talk about this new president not using friends  to run important quango organisations! :o  This is one religion of his that he enjoys practicing, ha ha ha! What can I say, after reading each day, what he does--or what he doesn't do, since becoming Malacanang leader?  ;D :P Indeed, my exasperation is such that I'd need to take a breather, too. Not because he is utterly incompetent and immature, rather, the speed in which he shoplifted and made off with two posh cars. I wonder if the two cars broke down that his Bosses would have to shell out the importation of spare parts, repairs and maintenance? 8) >:(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 05:59:06 AM by hill roberts »

hill roberts

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
Part 5

Today, I found myself in disagreement with other forum members in one of my facebook friends' pages. They posted a photograph of the former president, Gloria M Arroyo. I found it rather distasteful that their comments were all about her mole, her dwarf-size appearance and many wished her to die of cancer. Filipinos, as we know, profess to be good Christians and religious. But this particular topic was too much to bear and accept. I would have thought that the owner of the page would be sensible enough to admit that it was wrong to make her "mole" his status of the day. Naturally, many joined in the fun, had a good laugh over it. Anyway, it wasn't a case of having a good laugh, but for the many other commenters who wished her ill health! This for me, was the unpleasant bit of the discussion. I mean, was it really a discussion? A discussion on what? A mole? This topic of conversation is not an isolated case either. Time and time again, this comes up in many Filipino friends' pages  and there's no excuse for them to say that they "we're just having fun" and not to take it seriously. No. They have taken the fun out of it by swearing/cursing, using foul/dirty language as well as wishing the former president of getting cancer.  Above all, they truly wanted her to die of a serious disease. Indeed, come to think of it, these religious people are hell-bent on making the conversation at that page, unbearable. I have no wish to perpetuate the childish and ugly words chosen by those commenters. My own family members suffer from and had died of cancer over a long period. The immaturity, lack of sensitivity, the lack of sophistication of the Filipino mind--add up to what the country is today: outcast, playing second fiddle, still on 2nd gear, lacking emotional and political maturity. :o :( ::)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:16:05 AM by hill roberts »