Author Topic: Exemplary teachers  (Read 10855 times)

Melvin

• "I came. I learn. I share"
    • View Profile
Exemplary teachers
« on: November 28, 2012, 01:46:51 PM »
Wanted: Exemplary teachers….anyone?

I do not wish to call myself noblest simply because I belong to a teaching profession. However, I admire those teachers who can proudly say that they can claim to be noblest on the bases of their exemplary traits. What exactly exemplify them to be above the others? I believe they must have the following characteristics:  
   Excellent teachers have a charm of personality that inspires students to fall in love--not with them--but in the subject despite of its difficulty. These 21st century learners are bombarded with the marvels of modern technologies that they would rather spend their times with them than listening to their teachers. Fortunately, magnetizing students' attention would not be a tremendous challenge for these teachers because they can tickle the imaginations and creativity of their learners. To connect and embrace with their students, they don't need an unsurpassed IQ or look like Hollywood stars, but the power of their presence can simply touch their students' lives in simplest ways. However, to set credibility in front of these diverse learners, these excellent teachers continuously cultivate their minds to awaken and ignite their students' critical thinking skills. After all, students search for those teachers who can remove their doubts and confusions especially when lessons become baffling and complex. Intelligence is important, but for the outstanding teachers especial gift of genuine sincerity and willingness to consider student's interest, aspirations in life, and personal experiences to gradually win every learner's heart is far more significant.  
   Great teachers use the power of word to be part of their students. Words are potent that ones they are carefully used, pushing students to go beyond their abilities is certainly possible. These superb teachers can use every motivating word that appeals pleasantly to their co-discovers' senses; hence, even slow learners could be surprising and become academically ready. Although sometimes they wish they had magic to transform every meeting with their students to be perfect and smooth, it is still undeniable that through the wonders of words they utter, learning process becomes exciting and fun. The truth is they possess a certain power to set the mood, spark enthusiasm, and fuel the drive of their students using every positive word.
   When a comforting and engaging climate pervades inside the classroom, learning becomes more personal and meaningful. To set this kind of environment, these incredible teachers share the gift of laughter to their beloved students. They are aware, however, that they don't need to be stand-up comedians to be humorous. To use any derogatory remarks to stir laughter among their learners is not a style of these wonderful teachers. Although to crack some jokes to lighten the gravity inside the classroom is a talent not everybody has, these amiable teachers use funny anecdotes and comical experiences to invite students to share their smiles, too. After all, despite the difficulty these teachers experience for the profession they chose to embrace, to laugh is still the best medicine. It sounds like a clichĂ©, but happiness can never lose its aroma and flavor that lightens one's feeling.
    Exceptional teachers usually transform dull, boring times into memorable and extraordinary days. Teachers' ingenuity has to be tangible in all the phases of learning process. Using technology-based instruction can certainly make every difficult task manageable, but since majority of them are perhaps thirsty of this kind of delivery mode, they are inventive enough to reach their main goal in teaching: success and learning for their students. The resourcefulness and creativity that run in the DNA of these dedicated teachers could outweigh any modern facility in making their students realize that there is always a pleasure in learning, sharing, and discovering the mysteries of life.
   Noblest teachers are emotionally intelligent individuals. They just don't have to sympathize with their students; empathy is what they selflessly give. They cannot afford not to ignite the deepest emotions of their students because sometimes intelligence quotient is not the sole basis of success. Providing emotional intelligence-based activities will help learners to be fully human and not just future professionals. Modern era doesn't just need summa cum laude, magna cum laude or cum laude graduates; the need of the time calls for those who can act like a real human who knows how to feel. Therefore, these rare breed of teachers don't just teach like robots do; they can transform lives.
   Above everything else, these remarkable teachers must live what they believe in God. They need not act like Pharisees and Sadducees to profess their faith in God though. They are completely aware that invoking God's enlightenment means a lot for them because He is the teacher of all the teachers.
   Can you be one of these exemplary teachers?

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 02:35:22 PM by melvinhate »