Author Topic: Playlist Update (December 16 - 22, 2023) for the Forum Gateway on Facebook  (Read 5667 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR DECEMBER 16 - 22, 2023 OF JOSE CARILLO ENGLISH FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 15 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings published in the Forum in previous years:

1. Essay by Jose A. Carillo: “Our need for thinking national leaders with the gift of language”

2. The Forum Lounge: “Book publishing’s broken blurb system 'a plague on the industry’”

3. Advice and Dissent: "‘Sugrophobia’" is a veritable epidemic and cultural obsession"

4. Essay by Jose A. Carillo Retrospective: “‘Like’ and ‘such as’ are such slippery grammar trippers”

5. You Asked Me This Question: "What’s the correct usage for the verbs ‘brought’ and ‘taken’?”

6. Getting to Know English Retrospective: “How many types of adverbial clauses are there in English?”

7. Students’ Sounding Board: “Which is correct and why? ‘I didn’t (see, saw) her’”

8. Time Out from English Grammar: “The art of elegance: 10 exquisite mixed names in the English language”

9. Your Thoughts Exactly: “The Christmas experience: Up close and deeply personal” - Redux 2

10. Language Humor At Its Finest: “A Christmas Q&A for language buffs”

11. Advice and Dissent Retrospective: “A descriptivist’s grand tour of how languages work”

12. Use and Misuse: “A style guide for writing and publishing in English”

13. Advice and Dissent Revisited: “An eye for clarity, simplicity, brevity, and humanity”

14. Essays by Joe Carillo: “My hunch was right about the usage of ‘between’ and ‘among’”

15. Readings in Language: “The need to equate things solely on comparable attributes”

« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 03:13:32 PM by Joe Carillo »