Author Topic: Playlist Update (December 9 - 15, 2023) for the Forum Gateway on Facebook  (Read 5069 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR DECEMBER 9 - 15, 2023 OF JOSE CARILLO ENGLISH FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 16 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings published in the Forum in previous years:

1. Strategies for Writing and Speaking Better English: “Avoid overrepetitive use of the same key words or their equivalent stock phrases”

2. Essay by Jose A. Carillo: “The genesis of corporatese”

IMAGE CREDIT: LINKEDIN.COM

3. You Asked Me This Question: “Inverted sentences have a subject-verb agreement peculiarity”

4. Readings in Language Retrospective: “The age-old debate over ‘It’s not you, it’s (me, I)’ flares up again”

5. Essay by Jose A. Carillo: “Deconstructing and understanding those puzzling elliptical sentences”

6. You Asked Me This Question: “Should we use ‘motherland’ or ‘fatherland’ in Jose Rizal’s poem?”

7. Essays by Jose Carillo Retrospective: “How onerous legalese imperils public welfare”

8. An Intriguing Grammar Question: “An English-language conundrum”

9. Language Humor At Its Finest: “40 superb paraprosdokians to make sense of our times”

10. You Asked Me This Question: “Is it correct to use the verb 'invite' as a noun?”

11. Your Thoughts Exactly: “10 Enduring Remembrances of Christmases Past - Redux 15”

12. A Forum Lounge Retrospective: “Stories best savored on Christmas Day itself”

13. A job-hunting advice you might have missed: “Is ‘Hi!’ proper to begin a job application letter?”

14. Time Out From English Grammar: “Geniuses are clear proof that people are not created equal”

15. My Media English Watch Retrospective: “Anatomy of media stories that Filipina women have the world’s smallest breasts"

16. Language Humor For This Joyous Season: “Gobbledygooked Christmas song titles quiz”

« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 07:07:29 PM by Joe Carillo »