Author Topic: Playlist Update for November 18 - 24, 2023 of the Forum’s Facebook Gateway  (Read 4532 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR NOVEMBER 18 - 24, 2023 OF THE FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 14 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings published in the Forum in previous years:

1. Getting to Know English: “Still baffled when to use ‘can’ or ‘could’ and ‘will’ or ‘would’?”

2. Essay by Jose Carillo Retrospective: “‘My salad days,’ ‘the whole nine yards,’ and other idioms”: (Originally: “Great titles in the making”)

3. Student' Sounding Board: “‘All’ can actually mean ‘totality,’ ‘everything’ or even ‘nothing but’”

4. My Media English Watch Retrospective: “Did that newspaper columnist commit an egregious grammar error?” (2017)

5. You Asked Me This Question: “Setting the matter straight on the ‘not me’ vs. ‘not I’ usage”

6. Going Deeper Into Language Retrospective: “The need for logical thinking in our everyday life” (2017)

7. Essay by Jose Carillo: "Caution in times of reasonable doubt" (2009)   

8. Time Out From English Grammar: “Pebble in my shoe, stone in my heart” by Antonio Calipjo Go (2019)

9. Language Humor at its Finest: “25 lighthearted denunciations of the English language” (2013)

10. The Forum Lounge: “Watch Japan's all-female Band-Maid perform as one of the world's best rock bands”

11. You Asked Me This Question: “A fascinating question on the modals of conjecture”

12. A Forum Lounge Retrospective: “Things my Mother taught me” (2010)

13. You Asked Me This Question: “Absolute phrases don’t function in the same way as appositives"

14. The Forum Lounge: “Stunning and magically beautiful sights from all over the world"    

« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 11:09:51 PM by Joe Carillo »