Author Topic: Playlist Update for Oct. 28 - Nov 3, 2023 of the Forum’s Facebook Gateway  (Read 4546 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
PLAYLIST UPDATE FOR OCTOBER 28 - NOVEMBER 3, 2023 OF THE FORUM’S FACEBOOK GATEWAY

Simply click the web links to the 16 featured English grammar refreshers and general interest stories this week along with selected postings published in the Forum in previous years:

1. Getting To Know English Better: “A figure of speech that can subvert reason and logic”

2. You Asked Me This Question: “Revisiting once more the intractable "who"/"whom" grammar conundrum”

3. Students’ Sounding Board: “When is sentence inversion a matter of grammar or style?”

4. Use and Misuse: “Use of ‘hopefully’ and other grammar bugbears”

5. Badly Written, Badly Spoken: “The proper possessive adjective for the pronoun ‘everybody’”    

6. Advocacies Retrospective: “Tale of the Text: A mind-numbing torrent of cringeworthy English,” a review by Antonio Calipjo Go, Forum Contributor    

7. You Asked Me This Question: “Getting used to common English colloquialisms”

8. My Media English Watch: “The perils of misusing literary allusions in feature stories”

9. Language Humor At Its Finest: “34 business jokes and quotes to perk up our dreary days”

10. Going Deeper Into Language: “The nature of true English idioms”

11. Time Out From Grammar Retrospective: “Measuring up to the human body’s perfection in architectural terms”

12. Your Thoughts Exactly: “Outrage over a wasted investment in English proficiency”

13. Views and Commentaries: “The character gap between the educated and uneducated”

14. A Reading You Might Have Missed:: “Copernicus’ heliocentric theory as the mother of all paradigm shifts”

15. Essays by Jose Carillo: “The germ of a great idea remembered”

16. A Forum Lounge Retrospective: “Lost in the English translation"

« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 12:28:50 PM by Joe Carillo »