Author Topic: Beach Resort Poster Text Rewriting Contest Extended Till June 10  (Read 3587 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Our text improvement contest for the poster sent in by Arvin Antonio Ortiz from Davao City in Mindanao is still on. I am giving all interested wordsmiths among the Forum members until midnight of June 10, Wednesday, to send in their recommended versions of the text of this poster.

As I explained a few days ago, the problem with that beach resort poster is not only its excruciatingly bad English but its being a poorly constructed form of communication. The task for those who will improve it is therefore not only to improve its English but to make it truly communicative, audience-oriented, and customer-oriented.

My reward to the winner—the writer of the best of the first five communication-oriented rewrites of the text of that poster—still stands: an autographed copy of Give Your English the Winning Edge, the third book in my English-usage trilogy that’s scheduled to roll off the press this month.

So go get back to your word processors and start making that poster do an excellent communication job! Good luck!