Author Topic: A dazzling audio-visual show: “Our World is Beautiful!”  (Read 5368 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
I invite all Forum members to view this dazzling, thought-provoking, and ultimately humbling but inspiring audio-visual presentation on the Earth, the other planets, the universe, and beyond as seen through the lens of the Hubble telescope. It was sent to me today by Forum member Ben Sanchez with the following note:

“A bit long but worth the time. Some great pictures you will probably never ever get to see. What you will see here is more than the imagination can understand; you may have seen some parts of the beginning of this program, but stay with it as it gets big, real big towards the end. Enjoy!”

I enjoyed the show immensely myself, and even if the English of the subtitles sometimes fumbles in some places, I’m sure so will you!

Click to view “Our World is Beautiful!” now!
(About 3-5 minutes download time for the 5Mb file)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:54:44 AM by Joe Carillo »

hill roberts

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: A dazzling audio-visual show: “Our World is Beautiful!”
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 09:23:36 PM »
Thanks, Joe. I tried, to no avail. I just remembered that I'm using Windows Vista.  :(

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: A dazzling audio-visual show: “Our World is Beautiful!”
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 09:35:01 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Hill! My webmaster says the problem isn't that you are using Windows Vista. To be able to view the audio-visual show, he says, all you need is to have Microsoft Office and the PowerPoint program (at least the viewer) installed in your computer. I understand these are usually standard features that come with Windows Vista, so I suggest you get a technician to activate them if they haven't been activated yet. The audio-visual is simply too good to miss!

(Before you call the technician, though, try to do the download again. You may have done your downloading while my technician was still fine-tuning the upload of the show.) 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 10:04:56 PM by Joe Carillo »