Author Topic: A Forum Lounge Sharing: “Verbatim: What Is a Photocopier?”  (Read 4325 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
A Forum Lounge Sharing: “Verbatim: What Is a Photocopier?”
« on: January 04, 2018, 04:54:39 PM »
A YouTube Video Presentation: “Verbatim: What Is a Photocopier?”

I simply couldn’t resist posting here this superb New York Times Op-Docs episode, “Verbatim: What Is a Photocopier?”, a compelling dramatization of transcripts from a legal deposition where a lawyer becomes embroiled in an absurd argument about the definition of the term “photocopier.” The video goes to show to what depths legal jargon and lawyer-dictated maneuvers can obfuscate communication of even the most downright simple things in life. I stumbled on the video while I was leisurely scrolling my Facebook Timeline this afternoon, January 4, 2018. I’m sorry that I couldn’t locate the precise Facebook sharing post anymore in my dizzying Timeline maze, but I seem to recall that it was one made by my Facebook friend Nicasio Perez Lim Aquino. (Yes, now I remember it's Nick all right!)

CLICK THE LINK TO WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO NOW!

OP-DOCS IS THE NEW YORK TIMES EDITORIAL DEPARTMENT’S CHANNEL FOR SHORT OPINION DOCUMENTARIES PRODUCED BY INDEPENDENT MAKERS. PERMISSION TO POST THIS LINK TO THE VIDEO HAS BEEN DULY REQUESTED BUT STILL PENDING. CLICK THIS LINK FOR THE LATEST NEW YORK TIMES OP-DOCS.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:53:11 AM by Joe Carillo »