Author Topic: What Peter Dinklage walked away from to become a resounding success  (Read 2925 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
YouTube Video:
“What Peter Dinklage walked away from to become a resounding success”

My wife Elean insisted last night that I view on her smartphone a video clip entitled “Peter Dinklage - Light Up the Night,” which was forwarded to her Facebook page by a close friend. Pardon my ignorance, but being neither a fan nor follower of the very popular long-running HBO series Game of Thrones, I didn’t know at all that Peter Dinklage is the name of its male lead star who plays the character Tyrion Lannister in that TV series based on George R.R. Martin’s best-selling novel of the same title. Anyway, “Light Up The Night” turned out to be not from the hit series but a personal narrative about “what Peter Dinklage walked away from, to become Tyrion Lannister.” It's the core of his commencement address to Class of 2012 of Bennington College in Vermont, U.S.A., from where he graduated in 1991 to initially become a data processor before turning to acting in TV movies, eventually becoming both an Emmy Award and a Golden Globe Award winner.

What can I say? Wow, it’s a very heartwarming inspirational and motivational story by what I’d consider a very unlikely role model for resounding success in this world as most of us know it! I highly recommend it for viewing by everyone from 6 to 75 years of age who, despite all odds or perhaps none at all, dreams of success and has the drive and fortitude to succeed beyond his or her wildest dreams.

Watch “Peter Dinklage - Light Up The Night” on YouTube now!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:52:05 PM by Joe Carillo »