Author Topic: "Help! I can't pass the IELTS writing part"  (Read 17797 times)

alfred311

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Help! I can't pass the IELTS writing part"
« on: November 06, 2013, 11:10:27 PM »
I took ielts for the second time last October and unfortunately, i still get a 6.5 in my writing ( i need a grade of 7 out of 9 band score, equivalent to a rate of 90% in our grading system ). I don't have any problem in other parts, I get 8.5 both in reading and listening and 7 in speaking but writing is my waterloo.

I hope you can have sections here how to write charts (pie, bar,line) and some processes (life cycle, flow chart, etc). It would be a great help for all of us who are taking IELTS. In addition, I wonder what is the best writing style you can employ for this type of examination where examiners are looking for big words, complex sentences, perfect subject verb agreement, collocations, idioms and great content. (just thinking of this already gives me headache)

It is just so difficult, although only opinions are asked from you, topics ranges from poverty to economy, from government to space travelling and nuclear energy, are just so hard. Not to mention, a very limited time to finish two writing task. There is no way anyone can prepare for this, only a perfect English writing skills can save anyone from this exam, unfortunately, I am very poor in english, my self esteem really went down because of this.  

Before, it is my dream to go to Australia, now all I want is to pass my IELTS exam....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:35:50 AM by Joe Carillo »

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help! i cant pass IELTS writing part
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 09:02:22 AM »
To get a better perspective on how to equip yourself to become more proficient in English and thus pass standard English-proficiency tests, check out the following postings of mine in the Forum:

Overview: How good is your English?

How criterion-referenced tests can help improve your English

It really doesn't make much difference whether you are taking the IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, or G-TELP. What you need to pass them is an adequate grasp of English vocabulary, grammar, semantics, structure, and syntax--and the only way to achieve this is a continuing, no-nonsense self-study of English and repeated taking of English-proficiency practice tests. Eventually, depending on how much time and effort you devote to this self-study, you should be able to achieve a comfort level with English that would enable you to hurdle its standard proficiency tests way above the passing mark.

Good luck!

P.S. To familiarize yourself with the terrain of various English proficiency tests, take all of the practice tests posted in the Forum. They definitely can forearm you for your next bout with the IELTS!   

alfred311

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help! i cant pass IELTS writing part
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »
I will sir, I wish i had a great teacher like you back in elementary and high school, thank you so much
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:04:02 PM by alfred311 »

solid9

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Help! I can't pass the IELTS writing part"
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 04:35:45 PM »
Amazing. I'm so lucky I'm not studying English just to pass EILTS exam.
I'm studying because I jjust want to improve my personal English skills.

If you saw my grammar is wrong, then correct me if I'm wrong. This is why I'm here to learn English.