Author Topic: Once again, celebrate the Holiday Season with an element of surprise  (Read 3891 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
In the spirit of the Holiday Season, I am reposting here a link to a YouTube video of a performance of the “Hallelujah Chorus” by a choir disguised as shoppers in a food court mall in Welland, Ontario. Don’t you wish that a surprising treat like this could be replicated in our country many times over? It’s not too late! After all, we have a well-deserved reputation as a singing people and our country is supposed to celebrate the longest Christmas Season in the world.    

I came across the link to that video in “Faith Matters: The Kingdom of God in A Food Court,” a very interesting article by Walter Russell Mead in the December 5, 2010 issue of AmericanInterest.com. I highly recommend it for your reading. THE PAGE WITH MEAD'S ARTICLE IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON THE WEB

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:44:15 PM by Joe Carillo »

Mwita Chacha

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Once again, celebrate the Holiday Season with an element of surprise
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 09:11:19 AM »
Which country are you referring to, Sir, in this ''Don't you wish that a surprising treat like this could be replicated in our country many times over?'' My assumption is that the Forum has its members scattered all over the planet, and the possessive your, not our, might prove to be a more perfect possessive adjective accordingly.

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Once again, celebrate the Holiday Season with an element of surprise
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 08:00:29 AM »
Thanks for the observation! From an audience standpoint, you're right--I should have used "your" instead of "our." I need to be more careful not to sound country-centric in my statements in the Forum.