Author Topic: Section Information  (Read 28222 times)

jciadmin

• The State Manager
  • Administrator
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Section Information
« on: May 09, 2009, 02:07:26 AM »
In this board, you may post any concerns or issues relating to the website or forum.

Posting Guidelines:

• Create a separate topic for your issue. If you are experiencing multiple technical problems at the same time, consolidate them into one topic.
  • Label your topic accordingly. "Problem with X Feature" is preferred over "NOTHING WORKS". And no, all-caps doesn't help in getting the topic noticed.
  • Describe your problem with details. "X feature doesn't work" is fine...but "X feature doesn't work when I try using it. I'm using Firefox 3.0 running on Windows XP" is even better and gets results faster.
  • If anyone (even non-administrators) knows of a solution to a particular problem, feel free to reply to the topic with the answer.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 11:38:37 AM by jciadmin »

silverlokk

• Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Section Information
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:30:37 AM »
I have a list lying around (not laying around) somewheres (colloquial :) ) that suggests how to compose help messages more meaningful than "It doesn't work." I'll hunt it down but in the meantime, I suggest that you give more details when asking for help. Like, "The 'bold' icon doesn't work. When I click on it, the text stays normal. I'm using IE 7 on Windows Vista Home Basic, generic computer with a 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and 2GB of RAM." etc...

jciadmin

• The State Manager
  • Administrator
  • Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Section Information
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:22:12 AM »
Alrighty. I was composing this message right before I went to sleep, so it was a bit rushed.