Author Topic: Now, can anyone tell me what that passage means in plain and simple English?  (Read 6461 times)

Encinitas Carpet Cleaning

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.romeroscarpetcleaning.com/
    • Email
Encountered this passage when I was doing my professional readings:

"Behavior coaching refers to the individualized intervention designed for the adolescent with special needs (ASN) to enable him/her to acquire psychosocial-educational skills and competencies consistent with the normalization perspective."

Now, can anyone tell me what that passage means in plain and simple English?

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Well, that sentence is deep professional jargon that simply means the following:

“Behavior coaching is the case-to-case counseling of adolescents suffering from emotional or physical disorders. It aims to help the troubled adolescent cope with these disorders and live a normal life.”

Just for a deeper perspective, adolescents with special needs or ASNs commonly suffer from any of the following: serious medical conditions; emotional and behavioral disorders; history of abuse or neglect; medical or genetic risk due to familial mental illness or parental substance abuse. (This definition is from the Adoption.com website)

bunnitto

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://essaywritingservices.org/writing-service.php
    • Email
Good post, thanks you!)
I constantly utilize the professional limited aid of guaranteed essay company invisibly, because mostly I shall invent renewed assignments without missteps according grammar and ism.

chainmeup

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Chain Me Up
    • Email
My daughter's high school assignments are all written in a similar manner. It is complete gibberish and designed to baffle and confuse the students. I always thought that good grammar would simply and concisely convey the material. Not so it seems anymore. Legal contracts are now being made to be more easily understood by the general populace, so why are schools going the other direction?