Author Topic: new topic ??  (Read 32909 times)

hill roberts

• View Profile
    • Email
new topic ??
« on: January 24, 2011, 06:39:54 PM »
I tried to click "preview" thinking I could go back to it as I thought it was the equivalent of "save to drafts"--I was wrong since my article disappeared. I changed my mind about putting it under "Quotable(?) Quotes, instead, put it under "New Topic"--how can a forum member save his/her work if the "Save to Draft" does not exist? Is it possible to add this new application so members do not lose their posts? :( I may have lost around 10 articles over a one-year period since I don't make drafts before posting, hahaha. I just couldn't be bothered making a separate draft first before publishing it. My fault!! ;D ;) Thank  you for reading this. Hope it helps solve my problem. :o :D

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: new topic ??
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:46:19 PM »
Hill, I sympathize with you regarding your lost posting. The Forum’s “Preview” is indeed different from the usual “Save to Draft” feature of other programs; it only allows you to make corrections or changes to your posting in progress, not to save it for future posting. If you don’t actually post the material that you’ve entered in the “Preview” mode and leave it in that form, you would lose it forever. This is why it’s highly recommended that long or extended material for posting in the discussion boards be first composed in draft form in Word for Windows, then just copied and pasted on the board. This can spare you a lot of pain and heartache from the experience of having material you have labored on suddenly vanishing in netherspace.

hill roberts

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »
Thank you, Joe for replying to my SOS. Now, you've made me feel guilty by saying that "you labored working for that article" and cannot be retrieved, or something to that effect ;D ;) since that is my  chronic  problem: I do not prepare, I do not write drafts and I am guilty of typing out my thoughts directly on the box which I know is bad practice.  My line of thought is better without the preparation of a draft. Joe, how can I change that bad practice? ::) Still, it goes without saying that I am silly for doing it. ;D :-[

maggi9donald

• Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »
Read your previous blog where u helped us to sort out our problems. Wanna ask for the solution of the following problem,how to start the system when its hang  but work in safe mode ???