Author Topic: Re-logging in (grrrr)  (Read 8776 times)

maxsims

• View Profile
Re-logging in (grrrr)
« on: June 10, 2009, 12:15:57 PM »
Joe often directs his readers to other sites, and provides links thereto.     The trouble is, when I log off these linked sites, I lose connection to Joe's site, too, and have to log in again.    This happens on other sites, so is it a function of those sites or is it me?

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re-logging in (grrrr)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 07:04:45 PM »
It must be your browser, Max. If you use Google's Chrome or Firefox 3, you shouldn't have any problem at all going back to the Forum. These browsers have clickable dog-ears on top that show you the active links that you are using.

If you are still using Explorer Version 6, though, you probably would often encounter the problem you described. If so, I suggest you update to version 7 or 8; both of them have practically the same handy browsing conveniences of Chrome and Firefox that I described above.

maxsims

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 10:55:10 AM »
Thank you.

maxsims

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 05:19:04 PM »
It's not a problem but an inconvenience.   Could you format the site so that we can see if there are new posts without first having to log in?   It's annoying to log in only to find it was a waste of time.

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 07:17:08 PM »
You actually can do that right now. At the Homepage, below the "This Week in the Forum" box, click the "Go to the Forum now" hyperlink. This will quickly bring you inside the Forum. Without registering, simply scroll down to the Forum Stats section. There, you will see the Latest Post. You can also click to the list of the Most Recent Posts. There's no need to log in at all to do all these.

At any rate, I'll ask my Webmaster if we can offer faster access to that information than this--perhaps by placing a link to it on the Homepage itself. I'll let you know soon!

hill roberts

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 07:54:20 PM »
Dear Joe,
I just realised today that I am now a full member of your Forum and that you have bestowed upon me three stars. Thank you very much. My apologies for not having noticed it these last few days. :) ;D :-*
Kind regards,
Hill

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 09:19:45 AM »
It's my great pleasure to see you get the three stars, Hill! May you get more of them in the days to come. :)