Author Topic: Great, no business this week in my media English watch!  (Read 4401 times)

Joe Carillo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Great, no business this week in my media English watch!
« on: December 11, 2010, 12:33:12 AM »
Isn’t it great? I couldn’t find any significant English grammar and usage error in the four major Metro Manila broadsheets during the past few days—at least none serious or instructive enough to be critiqued here. This is indeed a most welcome development, a clear indication that their writers and editors have now become much more vigilant and mindful of their English. Of course, this may disappoint Forum members and guests who have come to expect and to enjoy learning from the faulty media English critiqued here, but it just couldn’t be helped. We won’t have material to draw lessons from until the English of the major broadsheets falters again—and I’m hoping that this won’t happen for a long, long while so we can set our sights to other media that need improvement in their English.

In the meantime, I invite everyone to check out the wide range of English-improvement lessons offered by the other sections of this Forum. As some of you surely know by now, they could be even more interesting and more illuminating than the ones offered in this section. Go to them now!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 10:12:20 AM by Joe Carillo »